DietPower Forums
Official DietPower Software User Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password                Forgot your Password?
Click to download DietPower's trial version

All Forums
 Health
 Diseases and Conditions
 SEVERE GAS, BLOATING, AFTER GALL BLADDER SURGERY
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sherie

3 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2006 :  01:09:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had pancreatitis two times in the last three months. Do not drink, so they assumed it was my gall bladder. Yes, there were stones and even though nothing else seemed abnormal in the gall bladder they told me it had to come out. They never saw any in the bile ducts. I am 6 weeks post op and I am beside myself. I am bloated and I have gas pain constantly. It has nothing to do with eating, as it goes all day and night. I wake up in the AM with gas as well along with cramping a diarrhea. I am a mess. I did not have any of this before my gall bladder was removed. I went to the Doctor and he said sometimes this happens??? Does anyone know of this and can you help me with some suggestions???.... I would be so grateful, as I am exhausted. I am not eating fats, and am trying everything food wise. It has nothing to do with food it appears. I do not have celiac disease, or lactose deficiency. It all started about two weeks after surgery and will not stop......Has anyone experienced this???
Help!!!!
Thankyou

Edited by - Sherie on Nov 26 2006 14:17:38

jjcook2

1 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  00:31:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you find an answer for your post gall bladder surgery gas/bloating? My mother-in-law had surgery about a month ago and her symptoms sound exactly like what you were experiencing. Please share what you found to work for relief of your symptoms.
Thanks very much
Go to Top of Page

Sherie

3 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  00:45:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jjcook2

Did you find an answer for your post gall bladder surgery gas/bloating? My mother-in-law had surgery about a month ago and her symptoms sound exactly like what you were experiencing. Please share what you found to work for relief of your symptoms.
Thanks very much

Yes, it took many months to get somewhat in order. Still have problems but after trying many things what works for me is gas aid after meals. I also take 1 immodium at the same time every day 1:PM for me, and I take a calicum after dinner. I went through many things and I am in that 20@ that has the dumping syndrome. It does get better though. If you want my specific routine pleasse email me.
Love
Sherie
Go to Top of Page

louann

1 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  09:47:22  Show Profile  Send louann a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
someone help me my surgery was on sept 11 08 i still have bloating after gallbladder removed i look pregnant what can i eat and what to take to rid of this bloating
Go to Top of Page

allan

22 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2009 :  03:55:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gallbladder removal is one of the most commonly performed surgical procedures in the United States. Today, gallbladder surgery is performed laparoscopically. The medical name for this procedure is Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy.Gallbladder problems are usually caused by the presence of gallstones: small hard masses consisting primarily of cholesterol and bile salts that form in the gallbladder or in the bile duct.It is uncertain why some people form gallstones.# There is no known means to prevent gallstones.These stones may block the flow of bile out of the gallbladder, causing it to swell and resulting in sharp abdominal pain, vomiting, indigestion and, occasionally, fever.

http://www.rmgvvc.com/
Go to Top of Page

hunterk94@yahoo.com

1 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2011 :  14:57:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

I know this is an older thread but I figured I would post for anyone web searching out there, like I was. I had my gallbladder removed via single insicion lappy through my belly button about a month ago. after my surgery I noticed right off the bat that I was on the constipated side. The only thing my surgeon told me was to stay away from spicy and fatty foods for a week and then I could go ahead and eat whatever I wanted. after the week was up I went for it and ate a super fatty dinner. I handled it fine, which was great. However after that night whenever I would eat, I would noticed that I would start to bloat up about thirty minutes after a meal. Not as exreme as some of you...but enough that it wa visibly noticeable and enough that I would have to unbutton my pants to be comfortable. After dinner was usually the worst and I would bloat and wake up during the night from the gas pains which were extremely uncomfortable. I have eaten steaks twice since my suregery and both times I had EXTREME gas pains that were almost worst than my gallbladder attacks!

After some extensive web searching, like i'm sure most of you have been doing, I came across a few sites that suggested taking digestive enzymes. They explained that since we no longer have our gallbladders it is harder for us to break down and digest fats and proteins and just about everything. When you eat a fatty meal or really any meal the gallbladder had been holding bile and after your meal it would release one big spurt of bile to help you digest. Now that we don't have it it kind of just trickles in and doesn't do as good of a job digesting and the under digestive food causes gas and bloating. (from what I have read) I went to GNC after reading some reviews and bought their " Super digestive enzymes." It was the best 14 dollars I have ever spent. I have been taking it for a week now and after the second night I have no bloating and no gas. I actually feel normal again and I can keep my pants buttoned all day! I take one after breakfast, one after lunch and two after dinner. Last night I put it to the test and my husband made fried pork chops, cesar salad and baked potatoes with a ton of cheese and sour cream. I slept like a baby, no waking up from bloating and gas pains. I cannot stress how much this has helped me. I work out all the time and bloating like that really bothered me, especially when I work so hard to stay in shape. I have also increased my water intake which I have read thins out your bile and makes it more effective.

Hope this helps someone out there.

i'm going to be copying and pasting this in a few diffrent forums so if you see it twice, I apologize : )
Go to Top of Page

Emmyran

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2011 :  17:54:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hunterk94@yahoo.com

Hi everyone,

I know this is an older thread but I figured I would post for anyone web searching out there, like I was. I had my gallbladder removed via single insicion lappy through my belly button about a month ago. after my surgery I noticed right off the bat that I was on the constipated side. The only thing my surgeon told me was to stay away from spicy and fatty foods for a week and then I could go ahead and eat whatever I wanted. after the week was up I went for it and ate a super fatty dinner. I handled it fine, which was great. However after that night whenever I would eat, I would noticed that I would start to bloat up about thirty minutes after a meal. Not as exreme as some of you...but enough that it wa visibly noticeable and enough that I would have to unbutton my pants to be comfortable. After dinner was usually the worst and I would bloat and wake up during the night from the gas pains which were extremely uncomfortable. I have eaten steaks twice since my suregery and both times I had EXTREME gas pains that were almost worst than my gallbladder attacks!

After some extensive web searching, like i'm sure most of you have been doing, I came across a few sites that suggested taking digestive enzymes. They explained that since we no longer have our gallbladders it is harder for us to break down and digest fats and proteins and just about everything. When you eat a fatty meal or really any meal the gallbladder had been holding bile and after your meal it would release one big spurt of bile to help you digest. Now that we don't have it it kind of just trickles in and doesn't do as good of a job digesting and the under digestive food causes gas and bloating. (from what I have read) I went to GNC after reading some reviews and bought their " Super digestive enzymes." It was the best 14 dollars I have ever spent. I have been taking it for a week now and after the second night I have no bloating and no gas. I actually feel normal again and I can keep my pants buttoned all day! I take one after breakfast, one after lunch and two after dinner. Last night I put it to the test and my husband made fried pork chops, cesar salad and baked potatoes with a ton of cheese and sour cream. I slept like a baby, no waking up from bloating and gas pains. I cannot stress how much this has helped me. I work out all the time and bloating like that really bothered me, especially when I work so hard to stay in shape. I have also increased my water intake which I have read thins out your bile and makes it more effective.

Hope this helps someone out there.

i'm going to be copying and pasting this in a few diffrent forums so if you see it twice, I apologize : )

Wow, thank you for posting this!!! I've been hurting so much it's almost driving me insane.
I am going to buy some Super digestive enzymes asap, because I also stay very fit and work out/walk/etc. every day except Sunday and I eat mostly salads, tuna and I never eat anything fried or breaded, so I don't know why I'm hurting and bloating almost all day long...every single day. It's not a life I want to have to deal with, so I appreciate your response so much. Wondering if you ever have red wine and cheese with dinner? Sometimes we do and it takes the pain away for awhile, which is so wonderful, but maybe that is part of my problem the next day?!!! Sure wish I knew! But the enzyme solution is the first one I'm trying. Thanks again!

Emmy

Edited by - Emmyran on Apr 23 2011 18:24:13
Go to Top of Page

nashg

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  06:26:41  Show Profile  Visit nashg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This same thing happened to my aunt last year after she had a gall bladder surgery. She went to the doctor and he prescribed some medication which stopped the gas within two days.

http://www.daysurgerylondon.com
Go to Top of Page

LousPeachy

USA
1 Posts

Posted - May 16 2011 :  10:09:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had my gallbladder removed on 5/9/11 via open incision surgery. My liver enzymes have been very elevated and I have been undergoing tests since 12/10 to determine the cause. My liver has some fibrosis (still not certain of cause)and the gallbladder was 3 times it's normal size (and hadn't functioned in quite some time) when removed. I know I am only a week post op but I too am experiencing a lot of gas. I am on a low fat diet and eating multiple small meals a day. This gas may pass over in time but right now I feel miserable. I see my doctor this week and will check with him for suggestions and will share what I find out.

Weezie
Go to Top of Page

Yelloflwr

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2012 :  22:04:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I appreciate the information I found here. I am only 2 weeks post op, but have been completely taken aback by the bloating and discomfort that doctor's office gave no warning could be a possibility. Mine as others have stated does not seem to be food related. Seems to be more related to activity and stress (even the smallest amounts) I have begun taking digestive enzymes and this has been helpful. I decided to post because I found a random home remedy on a site about bloating (not related to gallbladder) that has really seemed to help me. I found a long list of home remedies, but only had the ingredients for 1 on hand. The post said to try taking a cup of boiling water and adding a tblsp of cinnamon. I also added a bit of honey to help the flavor. I was unable to drink the whole cup due to the flavor (cinnamon becomes overpowering), but found it to soothe my stomach immediately none the less. I Wish I could tell you why it helps, but I actually don't know. For me I feel a very gentle movement in my stomach and digestive tract and shortly after usually release some gas. Now I make the cup in the am and drink a few sips (as many as I can until the taste bothers me). Then I cover it and set aside and reheat any time I start to feel discomfort (usually after meals). Yesterday was my first full day and today has been a miraculously good day. Mind you I continue to be careful about what I eat and am in general a very healthy eater. Hope this is helpful to someone else out there and not just a fluke for me
Go to Top of Page

Yelloflwr

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2012 :  22:08:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BTW - here is the site I referanced above. http://www.speedyremedies.com/how-to-get-rid-of-bloating.html
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Click to download DietPower's trial version

DietPower Forums © 2005 by DietPower, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000